This post features some pics from our trip to Stockholm last weekend. We visited my friends Fredrik and Tove whom I met in Cape Town during their (work)holidays.
Rudolf and friends:
Fredrik and Johannes are sampling more wine in Rolf´s Kök ... if one plans to go to Stockholm ... this restaurant is a must
1. Gigondas Cuvee Tradition 2006 from Domaine Santa Duc - good
went very well with the reindeer and the gratinated potaoes, fruity but a little bit unbalanced (high alc. 15%abv.)
at Gondolen Restaurant Catering dagkonferens festvåning matlagning vinprovning - Eriks restauranger
2. Chablis 2006 from Billaud-Simon - ok/good
fresh, fragile aroma, buttery notes but not a bold wine, just partly MLF, alc. 12,5.
at Gondolen wine bar.
3. Rhine Riesling Smaragd 2004 from Domäne Wachau - good/very good
perfect with starter, hering in mustard, hering with cumin and onions, hering with caviar sauce
4. The Fergus 2005 from Tim Adams/Clare Valley - still ok
very fruitforward, Australian nose, no structure but very high in alcohol, totally unbalanced, with more air and temp just alc. noting else.
3 and 4 at the Leijonbaren http://www.leijonbaren.se/
5. Chardonnay Barrique 2003 from Blaxsta / Sweden - ox
6. Rosé 2008 from Weingut Unger - good
fruity, strawberry, good acid structure. This is a made Rosé! (means: red grapes are pressed and fermented like a white wine, not drained from red wine must)
7. Grüner Veltliner Grub 2006 from Schloss Gobelsburg - cork
8. Nebbiolo Langhe 2005 from Pio Cesare - good
fruity, typically very well structured (it´s made from Nebbiolo!), good with elk.
9. Kaiserberg 2006 from Weingut Unger - good/very good
fruitforward style with load of blackberries and cassis, smooth tannins, perfect match with elk.
We had some more wines but I didn´t take further notes.