Freitag, 29. Mai 2009
Dienstag, 26. Mai 2009
Freitag, 15. Mai 2009
The annual regional wine tasting in Burgenland is an blind, expert tasting and accessible to all wineries in the Burgenland region. A modern objective annual tasting in the region of Burgenland according to the needs and requirements of all stakeholders enables the chamber of agriculture in Burgenland to work with focused Public Relations in a more and more competitive national and international wine market. The aim of this Master thesis is to compare the self-image of the annual wine tasting with the various public images.
The focus of the qualitative research is to answer the question, in what way the self- image by the employees of the chamber of agriculture and the public images by experts in the fields of Gastronomy, Media, Viticulture and Wine Marketing show differences.
As the results show, there are some severe differences in the self-image and the public image of the annual wine tasting in Burgenland. Especially in the configuration of the tasting procedure, the execution of Public Relations, the image perception and the significance of this wine tasting. This analysis could be the base for adaptions in the Marketing strategy and Public Relations concept by the chamber of agriculture in Burgenland.
1. Grauburgunder 2008 from Weingut Müller-Kern - Pfalz - good - €6,20
rather neutral on the nose, but typical on the palate, refreshing, easy drinking stuff.
2. Sauvignon Blanc 2008 from Weingut Müller-Kern - ok
green elder leafs, quite high in SO2, bit RS, unripe green flavors, gets more unpleasant with air.
3. Sauvignon Blanc 08 from Weingut Bärenhof - Pfalz - good
ripe falvors, greengage plum and elder, bit botrytis rot, good acid structure, a bit short on the finish.
4. Riesling Spätlese „Dürkheimer Rittergarten“ 2008 from Weingut Bärenhof - ok/good
hints of honey, rather one dimensional nose, acid structure ok, improves with O2, quite easy on midpalate.
5. Kremstal DAC 2007 from Weingut Stadt Krems - good/very good
honey and very ripe flavors, hints of petrol, minerally, rather evolved, acid structure ok,
6. Riesling Spätlese „Hammbacher Schlossberg“ 2007 from Weingut Müller-Kern - yech
sulfur reduction pure, good acid structure but sulfur reduction flavors on the palate too.
7. Riesling Auslese 2007 trocken from Weingut Bärenhof - very good
stone fruit, peaches and apricot, very typical, dark berries, underlined with slate flavors, very good acid structure, multilayered, very good length.
8. Riesling 2006 „Die Leidenschaft“ from Weingut Martin Arndorfer - very good/delicious
apricot and peaches, typical Austrian Riesling, tobacco, minerally, multilayered nose, slate, oak perfectly integrated, creamy texture, very lingering.
9. Pinot Blanc „Ungsteiner Osterberg“ Spätlese 2007 from Weingut Bärenhof - yech
sulfur reduction, sauerkraut, same flavors on the palate,
10. Grüner Veltliner „Hundsberg“ 2007 from Weingut Pröll - very good
fruity, hints of honey and butterscotch, pepper, spices, creamy texture, tobacco, balanced acid structure, quite lingering.
11. Weinviertel DAC „Kellerberg“ 2007 from Weingut Gschweicher - very good
withe pepper, still young, soft texture but spicy, quite lingering.
12. Syrah 2004 from Weingut Kirnbauer - ok/good
spicy, sticht etw in der Nase, quite ripe, broad flavors, oak dominated, rather evolved, bit acetone,
13. Ursus Magnus 2005 from Weingut Bärenhof - very good
super dark color, light pipe tobacco, peppermint, eucalyptus, dried mushrooms, bell pepper, oak very well integrated, very good tannin and acid structure, lingering.
14. Heulichin 2006 from Weingut Wagentristl - very good
fruity, tobacco, minty, eucalyptus, soft tannin structure, distinctive, good length, oak power, still young, lingering, will massively improve with more time in bottle.
15. Blaufränkisch Lüss 2007 from Weingut Lentsch - very good
dark color, spicy, ripe cherry, ripe plums, horse radish, good acid and tannin structure, juicy,
16. Zweigelt „Excellence“ 2003 from Weingut Veit - very good/delicious
cassis and cinnamon, black berries, juicy tannin, super lingering, ripe and very balanced, good extract, powered.
17. Vitikult 2006 from Weingut Kirnbauer - corc
extreme corc taint ... for training!!!
Dienstag, 12. Mai 2009
Samstag, 9. Mai 2009
Yesterday´s winemakers dinner was quite impressive. 5 courses including salmon, beef, cheese course and biscuit with fresh strawberries were enjoyed by all of the participants. Most astonishing thing ... 32 wines from all attending winemaker could be match freely to all the courses which means everybody had the chance to find the perfect match for him and the food.
Here some pics! Enjoy (and be jealous!!)
Freitag, 8. Mai 2009
Day 1 at the Swiss-Austrian wine fair in Murten/ Switzerland.
A bunch of Austrian winemaker including Günter Triebaumer, Helmut Preisinger, Phillip Zull, Elisabeth Lentsch and some others are going to host a 2-day tasting (including a winemakers dinner) in the new stylish hotel „BB Wine house“ embedded between the old town centre and the lake shore. We are looking forward to meet some 10 Swiss winemakers and our guests to join us for this tasting at 4 pm.
Check back soon for todays tasting notes!!
In the mean time find some impressions from the medieval town Murten.