tasting team: Rüdiger, Ulli, Elmar and I.
Note: All wines tasted blind.
1. Lilbert, Brut - very good
white bread, fruity, brioche, very balanced on the palate, nice small bubbles, good length.
2. Petitjean-Pienne, Coer d. Chardonnay - very good
matured, slightly coarser bubbles, a touch of acetone, rather morbid on the palate, good length, RS detectable in the finish.
3. Petitjean-Pienne, Prestige - good/very good
CO2 prominent on the nose, nearly no bubbles, butter pastry, fresh palate, good acid structure, bit short, rather simple.
4. Lilbert, Perle - good
nearly flat, pear and quinces, restrained, fruity on the palate.
5. Guy Cadel 2002 - very good
classical nose, bread flavors, bold and round on the palate, good acid structure, very good length.
6. Pierre Peters L´Esprit de 2002 - very good
fresh toast, brioche, fruity, fresh palate, classical, very good length.
7. Pierre Paillard Brut - very good
fresh bread, fruity, gooseberry, very good integrated acid structure, very balanced.
8. Fourrier 2003 - ok
golden yellow color, matured, open, good acid structure, rather short, nearly dead!
9. Pierre Paillard 2002 - delicious
fresh white bread, very typical, very good length, stunningly multilayered!