tasting team: Ulli, Bernhard G. and I - all wines tasted blind.
1. Viognier "Condrieu" 2002 from Rostaing, Rhone - ok
relatively neutral, a bit oxidative but still ok, ripe apple, good acid structure, but short.
2. Chenin Blanc "Coulee de Serrant" 2005 from Nicolas Joly, Loire - yech!!
oxidative, apple cider, old.
3. Verdejo 2007 from Bodegas Aura, Rueda - good
fresh, fruity, grapefruit, soft acid structure.
4. Vernaccia "Terre di Tuffi" 2006 from Teruzzi, San Gimignano - ok
neutral, very phenolic on the palate,
5. Rotgipfler Spätlese 2007 from Weingut Biegler - ok/good
"sweet" nose, honey and sweet melon, touch of burgundy flavors, RS.
6. Fiano di Avellino 2005 from Mastroberardino, Campania - ok
neutral, quite high in volatile acid, phenolic.
7. Grüner Veltliner "Vinotheksfüllung" 2006 from Weingut Knoll - good/very good
ripe yellow apple, tobacco, good acid structure.
8. Grüner Veltliner "Kreutles" 2007 from Weingut Hackl - ok/good
quite neutral, by far not as structured as 6,
9. Rhine Riesling "Kellerberg" 2007 from Weingut F.X. Pichler - delicious/extraordinary
perfumed, typical Riesling, pure ripe apricot, vineyard peaches, perfectly balance between RS and acid structure, wonderful RR.
10. Cuvee "G" 1999 from Weingut Gesellmann - corc
bit open, forest fruit, blueberry, alcoholic, maybe a very slight corc taint, relatively short.
11. Cuvee "M1" 2003 from Weingut Markowitsch - delicious/extraordinary
extremely fruity, bold wine, excellent balanced, pure power, soft tannins, endlessly long.
12. Merlot 2005 from Weingut Krutzler - very good
pure blackberries, very good structured, well integrated tannins, alc. just a bit out balance.
13. Blaufränkisch "Marienthal" 2004 from Weingut E. Triebaumer - delicious/extraordinary
fruity, extremely spicy, still purple hue, soft tannin but very good structure and length.