Note: All wines were tasted open and are from vintage 2007!
1. Domaine Font Sarade - Cotes du Rhone - ok/good - €7,50
middle color depth, purple reflections, red berries, sour cherry, fresh, CO2 on the palate, fruity on the palate, bit unbalanced (from CO2).
2. Domaine de la Janasse - Cotes du Rhone - yech - €8,90
purple red, very reductive nose, acid driven and very lean, reductive aromas are very persistent, unpleasant even after several minutes aeration!
3. Domaine de Fondreche "Fayard" - Cotes du Ventoux - ok/good - €9,50
qute dark red, purple reflections, soft and supple fruit, some spices, tartrates visible (no stabilization made??), rustic on the palate, middle length, simple.
4. Dom. des Escaravailles "Antimagnes" - Cotes du Rhone - good - €9,50
middle red hue, purples reflections, fruity and spicy on the nose, ripe fruit, elegant tannins on the palate, good integrated acid structure, good length, acid gives freshness.
5. Dom. des Escaravailles - Resteau - good - €9,50
hints of strawberries, bit reductive, red fruits, good tannin structure, good acid structure.
6. Domaine Font Sarade - Vacqueyras - ok/good - €12,50
deeply colored, some purple reflections, quite broad, supple fruit on the nose, hints of overripeness, astringent!, Tannin to the max, alc. rather high, bit unbalanced.
7. Domaine Richaud "Villages" - Cairanne - good - €16,50
fruits in rum, like liqueur, cinnamon, Christmas tea, soft tannins, middle length, balanced.
8. Domaine de Fondreche "Persia" - Cotes du Ventoux - good - €16,00
fruity, bit alcoholic, hints of overripe fruit, spicy, good tannin structure, good length but bit alcoholic finish.
9. Dom. des Escaravailles "Boutine" - Cairanne - very good - €17,50
fresh, fruity, cassis aroma and spices on the nose, very spicy on the palate,very juicy tannin structure, lingering.
10. Dom. de la Mordoree "Reine des Bois" - Lirac - very good - €19,90
floral, violets pure on the nose, juicy tannin structure, very lingering.
11. Domaine de Fondreche "Nadal" - Cotes du Ventoux - ok/good - €??
fruity, cassis drops, quite lean on the palate, tannins good, bit alcoholic finish.
12. Domaine de la Janasse - Chateauneuf-du-Pape - good - €32,50
floral and fruity, very distinctive, elegant tannin structure, bit short and alcoholic finish.
13. Dom. Giraud "Les Gallimardes" - Chateauneuf-du-Pape - ok - €34
quite high volatile acid aromas on the nose, good tannin structure, high alcohol level, overripe fruit on the palate.
14. Domaine de la Janasse - "Vieilles Vignes" - Chateauneuf-du-Pape - good/very good - €75
fruits in rum, very bold fruit, super soft tannins, bold body, good length, alcohol a bit unbalanced and high.
Try to guess the "Parker" wine!!