Boku Heim midweek tasting from 2.3. - tasting team: Michelle, Christina, Bernhard K., Bernhard G. and I. This week we tasted a lot a newly bottled wines. Some were still closed but overall a very nice stuff and very reasonably priced!)
1. Welschriesling 2008 from Weingut Lentsch - good - €4
loads of CO2 visible, very fresh, green apples, hay, meadow flowers, easy drinking, very good acid structure,
2. Pinot Blanc 2008 from Weingut Lentsch - good/very good - €4,50
CO2, green walnut hulls, nutty, more fulbodied than 1., pears, good length, pistachios, almond paste, poppy seed, lingering.
3. Sämling 2008 from Weingut Lentsch - good/very good - €4,20
extremly fruity, stone fruits, "Wachauer" apricot, lemon and lime flavors, well balanced, lingering apricot on the palate.
4. Frizzante GV 2008 from Weingut Gschweicher - good - €5
loads of CO2, peppery and gooseberries, very young (clear ... filled as all wines last week), balanced palate (about 15g/l RS) nice and refreshing, summer wine.
5. Chardonnay 2008 from Weingut Gschweicher - good - €5
rather closed, hints of melons, quite restrained palate too, needs time.
6. Sauvignon Blanc „Reipersberg“ 2008 from Weingut Gschweicher - very good - €7
green asparagus, hints of canned peas, gooseberries, quite international style on the nose, pistachios underlined with caramel, very good acid structure and powerful aromas on the nose.
7. Grüner Veltliner „Urkristall“ 2008 from Weingut Gschweicher - ok/good - €5
lemon and lime flavors, steely, balanced and good acid structure, bit short, easy drinking.
8. DAC Weinviertel „Klassik“ 2008 from Weingut Gschweicher - good/very good - €5,50
white pepper underlined with some exotic flavors, good acid structure, „spicy“ palate, strangely salty.
9. DAC Weinviertel „Reipersberg“ 2008 from Weingut Gschweicher - good/very good - €6,50
bit restrained due to recent bottling, yellow apple flavors, rather ripe style, quite fulbodied and lingering, aging potential, will greatly improve with time!
10. Grüner Veltliner „Galgenberg“ 2008 from Weingut Gschweicher - very good - €7,20
totally different style, passion fruit, exotic, very fulbodied, ageworthy.
11. Blaufränkisch Rosé 2008 from Weingut Lentsch - good - €4
salmon pale red hue, strawberries, wild berry gums on the nose, good acid structure, lingering, summer wine.
12. Barolo 2004 from Coop. Agr. Castiglione Falletto - still ok - €15,99 (Merkur)
rather pale red hue, orange reflections, earthy, Brett flavors, acetone, tight tannin structure, lingering, dead after 2 minutes with O2.