Here are our tasting notes.
1. Sauvignon Blanc "Steinmühle" 2007 from Weingut Kollwentz - ok/good
ripe yellow apples, hints of fresh green flavors on the nose, very ripe, good acidity, bit phenolic, very pale hue.
2. Sauvignon Blanc "Zieregg am Grassnitzberg" 1989 from Weingut Tement - good/very good
honeysuckle, mature, extreme lychee flavors on the nose and on the palate, soft, bit smokey.
3. Sauvignon Blanc 2007 from Weingut Ploder-Rosenberg - good
fresh, bit bananas and cold fermentation flavors, good acid structure, light in style.
4. Sauvignon Blanc "Platter Rieden" 2007 from Weingut Fidesser - ok/good
hints of lychee flavors good acid structure but a bit undefined.
5. Sauvignon Blanc 2007 from Weingut Triebaumer - good
bit closed, black currant blossoms, rather low in acidity, melon and some other exotic flavors on the palate.
6. Sauvignon Blanc 2007 form Weingut Umathum - ok/good
bit closed, very ripe flavors, exotic, melons, balanced.
7. Gevery Chambertin 2006 from Domaine Perrot-Minot - very good
Pinot stink on the beginning, spices and herbs, very good acid structure, lingering.
8. Furioso 2006 from Weingut Mad - good
spicy, sour cherries, good acid structure, oak a bit prominent.
9. Synthese 2006 from somewhere in the Roussilion - good
meaty, very ripe, good tannin structure, long, still young, purple reflections.