Note: All wines were tasted open and all price information counts for Wein&Co.
1. Callia Magna Tannat 2007 - good - €9,99
dark, bold and structured, spent six month in partly new and used barriques.
2. Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2005 - good - €12,99
very fruitforward appealing style, smooth tannin, good balanced.
3. Malbec Reverve 2006 - good - €12,99
fruitforward and spicy, bit meaty and some green flavors on midpalate.
4. Fleur de Boüard 2007 - very good - €27,90
80%ME, rest CS/CF, fruity, very structured, still young, with prominent tannins, lingering.
5. Angelus 2007 - delicious - €169,90
62%ME, 38%CF, fruitforward, with super soft tannin structure, loads of spices on the palate, lingering.
6. Alter Ego 2007 - good/very good - €39,90
fruity, bit green, but very good structure and balance, lingering.
7. Palmer 2007 - very good - €169,90
restrained fruit with green hints, super soft tannin structure, lingering.
Chateau Branne Cantenac
8. Baron de Branne 2007 - good - €19,99
fruitforward, sour cherries, but a bit one dimensional.
9. Branne Cantenac 2007 - good/very good - €39,99
fruitforward style, forest fruits, complex, very balanced with RS.
Chateau Canon la Gaffeliere
10. Clos de l´Oratoire 2007 - very good - €29,99
fruity, spicy, bit meaty, super soft tannin structure, lingering.
11. Canon La Gaffeliere 2007 - good - €64,90
traces of Brett, spicy and soft tannins, bit alcoholic finish.
12. Sirène de Giscours 2007 - very good - €19,99
fruitforward, very good tannin structure, CS driven on the palate, lingering.
13. Giscours 2007 - very good/delicious - €44,90
CS driven fruit, oak and spices, still very young, very structured, lingering, will massively improve with further aging.
Chateau Pichon Longueville
14. Les Tourelles de Pichon Longueville 2007 - still ok - €34,90
strong traces of Brett, restrained, lean body.
15. Pichon Baron 2007 - very good/delicious - €89,90
pure mocha flavors, very distinctive on the palate, very structured, super lingering.
Chateau Phélan Segur
16. Frank Phélan 2006 - corc - €19,99
Actually I claimed this bottle as corc tainted but was refused to get another sip from a second bottle. Very rude!!
17. Phélan Segur 2007 - very good - €31,90
coffee and mocha flavors dominating on the nose, cigar-box, some green hints, smooth tannins, good length.
18. Montepulciano d'Abruzzo 2007 - ok - €9,99
quite reductive, but it blows of after a while, fruity, very soft tannin structure, bit alcoholic.
19. Montepuciano d'Abruzzo Spelt 2007 - ok - €18,99
overripe fruit, hints of Brett, very balanced with RS.
20. Pinot Grigio 2008 - good - €9,99
bit rustic and some phenolic traces on the palate, lemon fruit, fresh finish.
21. Friulano 2008 - ok - €9,99
rather neutral on the nose, lean and short on the palate.
22. Merlot Vistorta - ok - €21,90
spicy and a bit vegetal, jammy (strangely enough as vegetal is more underripe and jammy overripe fruit??) acetone detectable, hints of Brett, overoaked.
23. Pinot Grigio 2008 - good - €12,99
restrained fruit, bit rustic and phenolic, good fruit on the palate, good length.
24. Ribolla Gialla 2008 - good - €12,99
fresh and fruity (like our Sämling), good length but lack acid structure.
25. Dolcetto 2008 - good - €12,99
super fruity, pure red currant, easy drinking.
26. Barbera 2008 - very good - €13,99
fruity, spicy, sour cherries on the palate, good acid-tannin balance.
27. Barolo 2005 - very good - €36,90
tar, quite typical on the nose, very good tannin structure, lingering.
28. Barolo Conca 2005 - very good/delicious - €59,90
tar and roses, very good balanced, quite modern style, super lingering.
29. Rosé 2008 - good - €9,99
100% SY, strawberries on the nose, slightly phenolic, good balanced with RS.
30. Chardonnay 2008 - good - €27,99
100% new oak, biscuit and vanilla, bold wine, very smooth.
31. La Segreta Rosso 2008 - good - €9,99
unwooded, Nero d´Avola, CF, ME, SY, fruit forward style, spicy, smooth tannin structure, good.
32. Syrah 2006 - very good - €27,99
pure black berries, super spicy, eucalyptus flavors, very good length, just a slightly alcoholic finish prevents a higher rating.
33. Santa Cecilia - very good - €27,99
spices with dried fruits on the nose, very good balance between acid and tannins.
34. Pinot Grigio Riff 2008 - ok/good - €9,99
perfumed nose, spicy, rustic, rather phenolic on the palate.
35. Pinot Bianco - ok/good - €12,99
fruity, pears on the nose, like 34. quite phenolic on the palate.
36. Chardonnay-Pinot Grigio - ok - €19,99
certified biodynamic, rustic, phenolic palate, quite an unpleasant wine.
37. Lagrein Alto Adige - ok - €16,99
slightly reductive, bright purple color, sour cherries, bit lactic.
38. Chianti 2007 - ok/good - €9,99
rather simple, balanced with RS, bit inharmonic with acid structure.
39. Chianti Classico Riserva "Rocca Guicciardia" 2006 - good - €19,99
restrained nose, good acid-tannin structure, good length.
40. Campo Ceni 2007 - good - €12,99
6 month in oak, fruity, good tannin structure, good length.
41. Brolio Chianti Classico 2007 - very good - €16,99
fruity and complex on the nose, good tannin structure, 9 months in second filled barrels, lingering.
42. Castello di Brolio 2005 - very good - €34,90
very spicy on the nose, good balance between acid and tannin structure, good length, still young.
Tenuta di Biserno
43. Insoglio 2007 - good/very good - €19,99
fresh´n fruity on the nose, sour cherries, very smooth tannin structure, good length.
44. Il Pino di Biserno - very good - €44,99
CS fruit dominating, hints of green flavors, soft tannins, slightly bitter finish.
45. Biserno 2006 - delicious - €99
CF/ME, 15 month oak, puristic Cabernet Franc flavors on the nose, bit restrained, still very young, super dense on the palate, very good tannin structure, extremely lingering, smooth.
46. Tre 2007 - good - €13,99
fresh and fruity on the nose, quite a good acid structure, good length.
47. Chianti Classico DOCG 2006 - good/very good - €24,99
16 months oak, 50 % new, a typical Chianti, rather smooth tannins, good length.
48. Ilatraia 2006 - very good - €44,99
bold, structured wine, soft tannins, good length.
49. Il Blu 2006 - very good - €47,99
20 months oak, 2/3 new, very structured but good balanced, lingering.
50. Marchese Chianti Classico Riserva 2005 - yech - €24,99
overripe, Brett, Brett yeast have totally distorted this wine, inharmonic.
51. Brunello Pian delle Vigne 2004 - yech - €49,90
super Brett and RS, nothing else.
52. Tignanello 2006 - very good/delicious - €59,90
bit restrained, (but the bottle was just opened this moment), super tannin structure, very good length, bit plasticine.
53. Brunello 2004 - very good - €32,90
fruity, good acid structure, super tannins, very typical.
Sori del Gibbellino
54. Barolo 2004 - good/very good - €23,90
bit restrained fruit, tar and roses, quite typicla, super soft Barolo.
55. Valpolicella Classico 2008 - good/very good - €9,99
super fruity, green edge on the palate, easy drinking.
56. Ripasso Valpolicella 2007 - very good - €19,99
fruity, super soft tannin structure with good acid backbone, good length.
57. Amarone die Valpolicella - good/very good - €49,90
fruity, bit overripe, but typical, slightly alcoholic finish.
58. Valpolicella Classico 2008 - good/very good - €12,99
fruity, smooth tannin structure, good length, slightest hints of Brett.
59. Palazzo de la Torre 2006 - ok/good - €19,99
jammy, bit overripe flavors, dried grapes, 15 months oak, again this hints Brett.
60. Amarone DOC 2005 - ok - €57,90
eucalyptus, overripe flavors, super soft tannins, RS, alcoholic finish (15%abv!!)
61. Soave 2008 - ok - €9,99
ripe yellow apples, bit exotic, rather high in color, lacks some acid structure, bit phenolic on the palate.
62. Valpolicella Pagus from Corte Giara 2008 - good/very good - €6,99
sour cherries and spices, smooth tannin structure, good length, easy drinking.