1. Vosne Rommanée 1er Cru 2004 from Domaine René Engel - delicious - €50
bright brick red with orange reflexions, slightly watery edge, elegant berry fruit, smokey peppery spice, bit licorice on the nose, very spicy on the palate with gorgeous length, very good balance of tannins and acid, gets better and better with more O2, lingering and multilayered.
2. Pinot Noir 2004 from Quartz Reef - very good - €37
bit darker brick red as 1, hints of cassis, fruit forward style, spices on the nose, fresh fruity and good acid structure on the palate, bit strawberry, good length, forrest fruits, raspberry, with more O2 the wine lingers more and more on the palate, nice complexity of tannin and acid structure.
3. Pinot Noir "P" from Weinhof Fritsch 2002 - very good - €24
smooth flavors, spices but not overly prominent, very good balance and length, fruit forward palate, very smooth on the palate.
4. Pinot Noir Hirsch Vineyard Sonoma 2002 from Littorai - (very good) - €78
bright red, orange-brownish reflexions, small watery rim, bit short, maybe a cork taint ... cork taint verified by the other tasters.
5. Großkarlbacher Burgweg Spätburgunder 2001 from Weingut Knipser - very good/delicious - €25
very light red with orange-brown shades, very spicy and super typical Pinot perfume, extremely good structural balance of tannins and acid, forest fruits, bit underwood, very good length and loads of spices on the palate.
6. Pinot Noir Grand Select 2004 from Weingut Wieninger - delicious/extraordinary - €37
fair crimson color with changeable purple-orange reflexions, super fruity, black and raspberries, loads of spices, wet forest floor, black pepper and licorice, just traceable hints of aniseed, extremely well balanced, genius length. (my favorite!!)