1. Gewürztraminer 2008 from Weingut Lentsch (dry) - very good/delicious - €7,00
yellow gold, CO2 still visible, exploding fruit on the nose, Rose petals and lychee, very typical in style, dry on the palate, could do with more residual sugar, potential, as wine on it´s own a perfect Traminer.
2. Gewürztraminer "Wielitsch" 2008 from Weingut Tement (dry) - ok/good - €22,98 (Wein&Co)
golden yellow hue, hints of Rose petals, quite restrained on the nose, little bit of oak detectable but nicely integrated, dried apples and cinnamon, balanced but with good acid backbone, doesn´t show much fruit on the palate and bit short.
3. Traminer "von den alten Reben" 2006 form Weingut Schellmann (not stated - even when it´s not legal in Autria if the wine is a quality wine but !! ) - delicious - €27
golden hue, overwhelming perfume of roses, lychee, gingerbread and cinnamon, a touch of botrytis, powerful and sweet on the palate, lingering, extreme in every way, a wine not for a usual day. (extremely heavy bottle - 905g!!)
4. Muskat Ottonel 2008 from Weingut Pillinger 2008 (off dry) - ok/good - €3,40
This one was the pirate - as Muskat definitely a nice wine but in comparison to these bold Traminers ...
musky, not really fruit forward, a little bit harsh on the palate but in an easy-drinking style, simple good.
5. Traminer 07/08 from Rotes Haus am Nussberg (off dry) - good - about €20 (don´t remember exactly)
golden hue, hints of Rose petals, exotic but not exiting, rather flat on the palate with an aloholic finish.
6. Gewürztraminer "Spätlese" 2008 from Weingut Lentsch (sweet) - very good - €5,50
golden hue, powerful flavor, rose petals and lychee, dried fruits (dates and figs), nice sugar and acid balance, lingering.